So the antenna was assembled on
the net for flowers. Antenna wires were taken in 10 cm longer
then simulated by MMANA. It allowed do tuning of the antenna.
I did not cut the wires. Horizontal wires were formed in a small
roll the slope wires were adjusted in length on the end insulators.
The tuning was very simple. I use my trusty MFJ-259B.
Shortened the wires, check the SWR shortened or lengthened the
If you want you may simulate the
tuning in MMANA to understand what part of the antenna wires you
need shortened/ lengthened. However the practical way as well
gives good result. I tried reach SWR 1:1 at the 51.0 MHz.
However you may move the SWR in any frequency band you want. Table 1 shows SWR in the antenna. SWR was measured
by SWR- meter of the IC- 7410 the same data were showed by JANA
HJ- 8017A SWR meter.
Antenna was tested with ICOM-
7410. The antenna shows near 2- S units over quarter wave vertical
antenna (http://www.antentop.org/022/Low_profile_022.htm). The antenna gives strong receiving of VE3UBL 50-
MHz beacon located at 30 km away from me. With help of the antenna
I have received lots US 50- MHz beacons I made local QSOs and
QSOs with USA stations.
So the antenna works well it is
easy to build and to tune. I may recommend try the antenna to
those who want use the 50- MHz band.
Photo 7 Insulator at the end of a slope wire
Photo 6 Roll of wires in horizontal wire