Coaxial cable was going inside
of the tubes. Between the tubes I put some pieces of a cleaning
tape for my soldering iron. The tape provides good electrical
contact between the tubes. The tubes were connected by each other
with help of a shrink with glue (I bought a 1.5 meter length of
such shrink for 3 CAD in SAYAL). The tubes were fastened to the
fence with help of Copper Strapping Tape.
For antenna ground it was used
from one side a counterpoise in 10 meters length and from other
side it was used a metal tubes (where the coaxial cable ran).
At the antenna place I used electrical grounding similar to shown
on the Figures 10, 11 and 12 from the article Universal Beverage
grounding should bleed the static from the antenna wires to the
there were listed some design futures of the antenna I would like
to stop on the tuning of the beast. For me it was a not big deal.
At first I printed several pages for writing down SWR and Z of
the antenna at all bands. You may download the same templates
I connected the coaxial cable to my lovely MFJ- 259B and began
the checking SWR/Z. Everything data were logged in the tables.
Then I begin tune the antenna on the 6- meter band to a minimum
SWR. After that I turn on to the next band- 10 meters and so on.
Plastic Removing of
The antenna wire in the process
is simply bent and attached to the fence with a stapler. It was some tricky
procedure, when you tune the antenna for the one band you may
find a lower SWR at another band (where the wires are not resonant).
every tuning of the one antenna wire the SWR/Z for all Bands was measured and wrote off to
the table. The procedure was repeated again to correct the bands
where the SWR was growing...
It took several hours to tune the antenna to all bands - 30, 20, 17, 15, 10 and 6- meter.
I managed to reach SWR 1.2:1 at 30 meters, SWR 1.7:1
at 20 meters, SWR 1.8:1 at 17 meters, SWR 1.5:1 at 15 meters,
SWR 1.6:1 at 12 meters, SWR 1.5:1 at 10 meters, SWR 1.5:1 at 6
Metal Tube (a Holder